MAC Address and Username Binding on FreeRADIUS

Christ Schlacta lists at aarcane.org
Tue Apr 12 19:32:52 CEST 2011

SO far as I know, there is no good way to automatically add a mac
address to a user entry, or an user entry to a mac80211 entry on first
connect.  the UNLANG to ensure that the mac address matches for a
validated account is simple however, and you should have no issue
figuring that out.  see modules/checkval for an example.

You can, however, easily run a script to watch the output for successful
auth attempts with no mac<-->user mapping, and have your script add that
mapping.  I find it's usually better, however, to just have someone
manually inject the mapping.

are you trying to lock a single laptop to a single user, or a single
user to a single laptop?  if this is an environment where people can
provide their own hardware, you'd be better off not locking them in, but
instead just correlating them, as many people can have more than one
laptop.  additionally, in today's modern age of multi-user systems, many
people can share a single laptop as well, so you should also be aware of
that.

good luck!