SQL results going ... wrong

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Apr 15 09:13:54 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Maybe try an strace or gdb w/ breakpoint.
>
> Is there any possibility you're pulling an attribute of >253 bytes
> from the database, which might be stomping the stack? IIRC rlm_sql
> should prevent that itself, but maybe there are holes in the code.

Good idea, but that wasn't it... A mix of "D'oh" and insufficient input
checks by FR.

My mistake was that my table had 4 columns - which contained all the
value I cared for, but FreeRADIUS expects 5 - an "id" column as first.
It also expects this first column to be the row denomination integer,
but it got a string from me.

I fixed my schema/view and things work just fine now. But: how about a
sanity check for SQL along with a more adequate error message?

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER