FreeRadius not working!!

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Apr 26 14:36:37 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Amrita Mandpe <amritamandpe at ymail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> I tried to implement FreeRadius Server for authentication against wireless laptop users, using TLS authentication(Self Signed Certificate) and it worked perfectly fine.
>
> But, when i tried to implement the same on a virtual machine,its giving me the error-

> Ignoring EAP-Type/tls because we do not have OpenSSL support.

The message is perfectly clear

> Im using the latest version i.e. 2.1.10 of freeradius.Please let me know what is the exact issue?? Is it because i'm running the server on Virtual machine instead of Physical server??

When setup properly, virtual machine is no different from physical
servers from software's perspective.

> Also, i have installed the openssl development headers ( openssl 0.9.8 version).

You've set it up differently.
Maybe you install openssl dev AFTER you COMPILE freeradius. Maybe it's
something else.

The configure output (during FR compile process) should give you more
idea what's going on, and what's different. If you have no idea what
I'm talking about, just stick to distro-provided freeradius (e.g.
Ubuntu maverick has freeradius-2.1.10).

--
Fajar