WiFI

Michel Bulgado michel at casa.co.cu
Mon Aug 1 22:01:25 CEST 2011

Alan Buxey wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> With them, users connect to my network using WIFI using a password exchange.
>>
>> I would like to change this pattern, I wondered if configuration is
>> possible to perform Authentication, Authorization and Accounting with
>> Freeradius and if I can provide any documentation that details the way
>> as it can get.
>>

> just configure those linksys wifi routers with the IP address
> of your RADIUS server and configure WPA and/or WPA2 enterprise mode
> (if they support it - and i'm sure those ones do).
>
> the users would then connect to the Enterprise EAP SSID and the AAA
> would be done on your RADIUS server.
>
> alan

Hello

For several days writing directed to the list, asking if it was possible
with my Linksys access points perform authentication, authorization and
accounting with freeradius, as a database using mysql.

Reviewing the wiki site freeradius, I found this documentation:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/WPA-HOWTO

WPA + EAP TLS

You need to install and create certificates for Windows clients, say
that I have also ubuntu users and users with Macs.

As would the case of these operating systems?

There is a variant that does not include the exchange of certificates, a
lower level or more simple exchange between the client, the access point
and server freeradius?

Thanks
Michel