Implementing SQL Insert/logging for SoH.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 2 15:07:37 CEST 2011

Palmer J.D.F. wrote:
> Further to my last foray onto the list regarding SoH, I'm looking to
> commit the returned SoH info to the radius database using FreeRADIUS'
> sql connection.

  It's just attributes.

> I could be well off target here, but please humour me, so far I have...
>
> Created a table 'radsoh', and declared this inside sql.conf.

  OK...

> Added a query (soh_query) to dialup.conf, at present this simply just
> inserts User-Name to the table.

  Uh... that won't work.

> Declared soh_query in rlm_sql/conf.h
> Declared soh_query in the 'module_config' section of rlm_sql.c
> Declared a function, rlm_sql_soh, which is essentially a copy of
> rlm_sql_postauth into rlm_sql.c.
> Added rlm_sql_soh to the export section of rlm_sql.c.

 And all of that is unnecessary.

> It compiles and runs, but here is where I run out of ideas.
>
> Presuming I'm on the right track, what else is required to enable the
> query, and how would I make the call to execute the query?
> Ideally the call should be made from the with SoH virtual server defined
> in raddb/sites-enabled.

  Read raddb/sites-available/soh.  The server runs an "authorize"
section.  This is *exactly* like the normal "authorize" section for a
RADIUS packet.  Just configure the authorize queries, and go.

  No source code mods are needed.