Implementing SQL Insert/logging for SoH.

Palmer J.D.F. J.D.F.Palmer at swansea.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 16:09:05 CEST 2011

> > Didn't think xlat could do inserts and updates?
>
> I wrote the patch to add the functionality and its been in the server
> code for about the past three years :)

Good stuff. :)

The source of rlm_sql.c still states only ...
"*      sql xlat function. Right now only SELECTs are supported."

We'd already tried - Tmp-String-5  := "%{sql:INSERT into radsoh
(sid,data) VALUES (NULL,'ss');} - but it wasn't encapsulated in an
'update request {.. ..}' statement so failed, schoolboy error.
I did some digging on interweb which said INSERTs not possible, then
read the above comment in the 2.1.11 source, so gave up on xlat then.

All sorted now though.

Thanks,
Jezz.