Error: User-Name is not the same as MS-CHAP name

broo0ose@googlemail.com broo0ose at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 11:02:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

I seem to have the same issue as described in this thread, I also have
XP/Novell legacy clients, and I want to move to AD from eDir.

Re: Error: User-Name is not the same as MS-CHAP
name<https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2011-June/msg00070.html>

The last mention I can see of this was a few months ago, has anything
changed since ?

I was wondering if I can work around the issue by using realms to strip the
username and then force the domain into the ntlm_auth line in the mschap
module. I got some way with this approach but it still seems to wants to
create the hash using the DOMAIN/USER which I'm guessing is wrong.

Anyway, if there is a fix or workaround I'd be grateful if you could you let
me know.

Thanks,

Bruce