Can translation of RADIUS packet attributes (e.g., NAS-Port-Type) be configured?

Jack Patmos jack.patmos at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 17 11:13:56 CEST 2011

Guess I should have persevered for another 10 minutes.

I have found a solution to my problem, which is to change my
accounting_*_query from:

[...]
'%{NAS-Port-Type}',
[...]

to:
[...]
'%{sql:SELECT shortname FROM ${nas_table} WHERE nasname = %{NAS-Port-Type}}', \
[...]

However, I'm still curious if it's possible to configure the behaviour
of FreeRADIUS in this regard?

Jack.