Unique Identifier

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Aug 18 14:30:11 CEST 2011

On 18 Aug 2011, at 14:09, Luke Hammond wrote:

> Can someone please let me know if FreeRADIUS can assign a certain unique ID per client added to the database?  I want my client numbers to automatically increment as i add them. i am guessing this is possible?

Why do you want to do that?

If you're loading in the clients from a static config, just give them unique IDs manually, or write a perl script to generate the config. If you're using the dynamic client functionality, then the ID is going to change every time the server is started, if you're preloading the clients from SQL then just add a serial/incremented column to the table, and modify the query to use that as Client-Shortname...

If you're planning to use dynamic clients for bootstrap, then again just do the insert, then query the database to get the value of the serial/incremented column.

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

RADIUS - Half the complexity of Diameter