radmin del client error

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Aug 23 10:08:01 CEST 2011

On 23 Aug 2011, at 09:52, tohaikmeng wrote:

> Hello Arran,
>
> What do you mean by parameter parsing?

This:

radmin> del client ipaddr 192.168.168.111
ERROR: Must specify <ipaddr>
radmin> del client ipaddr <ipaddr> 192.168.168.111

Obviously the first form you used is correct, the fact that it needs <ipaddr> is the bug...

> I would like to achieve deletion of client without restarting of the radius

Why?

> daemon, which is part of the design.

If radmin says it can only delete dynamic clients, then it can only delete dynamic clients. Clients read from a clients.conf file are not dynamic, they are static. Dynamic clients are those added dynamically by the dynamic client virtual server, look in raddb/sites-available for examples.

-Arran