authenticate realm no matter what username is

Barry Murphy barry at vibecommunications.co.nz
Sun Aug 28 01:45:59 CEST 2011

Same thing unfortunately…

Users file
DEFAULT User-Name =~ ".*\\.xnet\\.co\\.nz$"
Auth-Type := Accept,
Pool-Name := un-auth,
Service-Type = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Cisco-Avpair += "ip:vrf-id=Suspended",
Cisco-Avpair += "ip:ip-unnumbered=Loopback 1000",

root at radius01-new:~#  radtest barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz password localhost:1812 1812 testing123
Sending Access-Request of id 77 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812
User-Name = "barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz"
User-Password = "password"
NAS-IP-Address = 120.136.0.21
NAS-Port = 1812
rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 1812, id=77, length=20

Debug

Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 48547, id=77, length=73
User-Name = "barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz"
User-Password = "password"
NAS-IP-Address = 120.136.0.21
NAS-Port = 1812
+- entering group authorize {...}
++[preprocess] returns ok
[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.  Authentication may fail because of this.
++[pap] returns noop
++[chap] returns noop
++[mschap] returns noop
[suffix] Looking up realm "adsl.xnet.co.nz" for User-Name = "barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz"
[suffix] Found realm "DEFAULT"
[suffix] Adding Realm = "DEFAULT"
[suffix] Authentication realm is LOCAL.
++[suffix] returns ok
[eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
++[eap] returns noop
++[unix] returns notfound
expand: %{User-Name} -> barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz
[files] users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 236
++[files] returns ok
expand: %{User-Name} -> barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz
[sql] sql_set_user escaped user --> 'barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3
expand: SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'           ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE username = 'barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz'           ORDER BY id
expand: SELECT groupname           FROM radusergroup           WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'           ORDER BY priority -> SELECT groupname           FROM radusergroup           WHERE username = 'barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz'           ORDER BY priority
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 3
[sql] User barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz not found
++[sql] returns notfound
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user
Failed to authenticate the user.
Login incorrect: [barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz/password] (from client localhost port 1812)
Using Post-Auth-Type Reject
+- entering group REJECT {...}
expand: %{User-Name} -> barry at adsl.xnet.co.nz
 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Delaying reject of request 1 for 1 seconds
Going to the next request
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
Sending delayed reject for request 1
Sending Access-Reject of id 77 to 127.0.0.1 port 48547
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
Cleaning up request 1 ID 77 with timestamp +34
Ready to process requests.

Thanks
Barry