MySQL Fail Over Error When 1 DB is Down

Det Det det.explorer at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 14:57:07 CEST 2011

Really? What is the failover feature for? I can specify multiple DBs but if FreeRADIUS cannot connect to at least one of the DBs it will have an error and will not be able to start. There is no way to get around this? That is use first DB if first DB is up. If second DB is down and first DB is up, don't bother, continue to operate, and vice versa, so long as it still has a DB to use. I saw this link but I can't get it to work. It is using the rlm_always module.

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Fail-over

thanks,
det