EAP-TLS/PEAP authentication problem(can not reply correct attribute)

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Aug 31 08:11:07 CEST 2011

On 31 Aug 2011, at 04:37, gary wrote:

> Hi All
> I have NAS client which support WISPr standard working with freeradius 2.1.10+MySQL 5.5 install on Fedora OS.
> I create my test certificate and configure EAP-TLS/PEAP authentication well in my setup.
> I am using WINDOWS XP as client pc it can pass authentication but freeradius can not reply correct attribute  I configured such as bandwidth control.
> I noticed in the reply attribute the vendor is Microsoft not WISPr.
> I wonder if this is WINDOWS default setting how can I modify so that FR can reply the correct attribute I configured?

Look in the dictionary file for your NAS vendor and figure out what the actual attribute name is for the reply attribute you're trying to send.

The name of a VSA is just there to make it easier to extract and manipulate attributes, it has no effect on the contents of the packet. So if you insert a VSA and it comes up as a Microsoft Vendor and this is not what you intended, then there's a naming conflict and the other Vendors VSAs will have been renamed.

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

RADIUS - Half the complexity of Diameter