configuration freeradius for no simultaneous use

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Dec 2 08:44:31 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM, tolik_shavlovsky at mail.ru
<tolik_shavlovsky at mail.ru> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i need your help in configuration freeradius for no simultaneous use.

simultanouse use limit is somewhat ... awkward.

> So, i need one active user per login/password.
>
> I configured user as follow:
>
> test1 at wimax.com Cleartext-Password := "test"
>        Framed-Filter-Id = "SP=data:MSF=data;",
>       Simultaneous-Use = 1,
>
> but my WIMAX CPEs (also WiFi users) continue connecting with the same
> login/password.
>
> what can be the issue?

For starters:
- do you have accounting active? some setups (e.g. some types of
wireless AP with radius/802.1x auth) can't send accounting.
simultaneous use check can't work in that setup
- do you have some kind of simultaneous check active, either with
sql/radutmp/whatever? See raddb/sites-available/default, look for
"session" section.

--
Fajar