Linking Shared/Static library in Freeradius Module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Dec 6 16:36:14 CET 2011

Resit Sahin wrote:
> I am writing a FreeRadius (Version 2) module for version Freeradius
> 2.1.10 . The module works fine. When i want to link a shared/static
> library from the Makefile of the module i get errors.

  You didn't follow the FreeRADIUS build process.

> makefile of the freeradius module :
>
> /VERS = 2.1.10
> CFLAGS  =  -DNDEBUG -Wall -I/usr/include \
>            -I/usr/ports/net/freeradius2/work/freeradius-server-$(VERS)/src
> LIBS    =  -lc -L. icc-wrapper.a
> ALL:    rlm_itap.o rlm_itap-$(VERS).so/

  Uh... *why* did you do this?

  The server ships with *many* examples of building modules.  The build
system for the server takes care of all of the necessary magic to make
it Just Work.

  By creating your own Makefile you've done more work than necessary,
and ensured that the resulting module won't work with FreeRADIUS.