Linksys WIFI Authentication using freeradius?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Dec 7 07:26:08 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 1:15 PM,  <michel at casa.co.cu> wrote:
> google search and it turns out all the variations I have encountered are
> implementing freeradius with PEAP TLS and mysql which should generate
> certificates and then configure the client and in turn install these
> certificates to the exchange between the server and client.
>
> I was wondering, there is some other simpler way that does not imply that
> this set up or install certificates on the client side?

PEAP-TTLS, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, PEAP-GTC, etc.

On these setup there's only one certificate: the server. Depending on
your OS/supplicant, the client can be set up to ignore the certificate
validation, or to have a pop up asking whether they trust the server
certicate.

Note that the CLIENT choose which authentication method to use. Setup
on NAS (i.e. access point) side is the same.

> Well, I have several clients with different operating systems: Windows,
> Linux, Apple.
>
> Something as simple as putting the username and password.

Once you get pass certificate trust issue, it's a matter of putting
username and password.

--
Fajar