Linking Shared/Static library in Freeradius Module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Dec 7 15:55:59 CET 2011

Mustafa Reşit Şahin wrote:
> Which file mentioned with "These definitions are also # echoed into
> another file in ../lib," ?

  Files automatically produced by the builds.

> I could not find this file. As far as i understand, i have to add
> shared/static libraries ( which i link from my new module ) into this
> file . So freeradius can find them.

  No.  You just add them in the RLM_LIBS line.

> I consider this because i get the error :
>
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
> /usr/local/lib/freeradius-2.1.10/rlm_itap-2.1.10.so: Undefined symbol
> "sendiccmsg"
>
> when i run radiusserver and send an autorization message to server.

  You probably need to re-build radiusd, too.

  Or... *show* what you did.  This isn't hard.

  The current build process *can* link to static libraries, and *does*
link to static libraries, and *works* when modules are linked to static
libraries.  If you follow the examples, it *should* work.