FreeRadius, Active Directory, LDAP Authorization

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Dec 8 08:55:31 CET 2011

suggestme wrote:
> I have already installed FreeRadius 2.1.12 which I am running, an I have got
> ldap in file /usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/ldap; I have gone through it and I
> am still not sure where the problem lies.

  The problem is you.

  You were told to look for "operations error" in raddb/modules/ldap.
Since you say you read that file, there are only two options:

  1) you found it
  2) you didn't find it.

  If you found it, you should have followed the instructions.

  If you didn't find it, you should SAY you didn't find it.  We tell you
to read documentation which exists.  So if you can't find it, there's a
problem in your local installation.

  But... your response didn't match option (1) or (2).  It's like me
asking "are you running version 1 or version 2", and your response is
"my cat's name is mittens"