Query regarding redundant module and configurable failover codes

Shweta Khadse shwetgk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 06:16:45 CET 2011

Dears

I have a question regarding the configurable failover codes.

Our accounting module is  defined as follows

Detail…

Detail_hour_ae1

…

…

Redundant{

Sql2 {

    Fail=1

    …

    …

 }

Sql2_redundant {

    Fail= return

    …

    …

}

*Sql_update_xxxx*
* *

*Sql_update_yyyy*

}

The last two sql updates ie *"Sql_update_xxxx"  and **"Sql_update_yyyy" *do
not have a redundant module defined. The actions of these statement is not
very critical. However we observe that if the radius is unable to execute
these the radius drops the session and returns a FAIL.

One way to avoid this session disconnection is to implement a redundant
module for the last two statements as well.

We are looking at a possibility of this second solution. And require help
in this regard.
If we modify our configuration to something like this

Redundant{

     Sql{

Ok=2

     }

    Sql2

     {

Ok=3

Group{

*                               Sql_update_xxxx*
* *

*                               Sql_update_yyyy*

…

Fail =1

*Ok  will override Fail because the priority is higher.*
* *

*So the accounting module will not return failure because of the third
module (atleast in theory).*

Does anyone have a solution/suggestions for this kind of a problem.

Thanks & Regards

Shweta