Query regarding redundant module and configurable failover codes

Shweta Khadse shwetgk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:57:55 CET 2011

Fajar

Appreciate the time you are taking to help out!

Its like this. We have two parts right

Part 1 -

Redundant module having sql1 and sql2
This is a critical module ,so if sql1 fails it tries sql2. So far so good!

Part 2 -

sql_update_xxxx , sql_update_yyyy

The above two update a different schema with some additional information.
This action is not very critical and does NOT have a redundant set up. What
we want is that the outcome of part2 should not affect the overall
accounting response.

So if Part 2 fails , the result of Part 1 should override it (whatever the
result of Part 1 maybe).