Freeradius as a PIN server?

Peter Moreton Peter.Moreton at cbi.org.uk
Tue Dec 13 17:07:51 CET 2011

Sorry for the newbie question, but, quite simply, could Freeradius be configured to provide a simple 'PIN Server' ? - I want users to be able to choose a 4 digit PIN, and then have Freeradius validate Logon requests using the username/PIN combination (in addition to some separate LDAP authentication)

Really, I am looking to build a lightweight 2-factor authentication system, without the expense of RSA SecurID or similar.

Regards,
Peter Moreton

The CBI's (Confederation of British Industry's) registered address is:
Centre Point, 103 New Oxford Street, London WC1A 1DU
Company number: RC000139