Accounting-Response dependence

amne at netconnect.ro amne at netconnect.ro
Wed Dec 14 00:10:58 CET 2011

Hi,

I have a similar problem but the other way around.

I have 4 gateways bombing thousands of packets/s at my freeradius server. I
have it configured such that "default" writes packets in a detail file.
"decoupled_accounting" site configuration tells it to read packets from
detail file at load_factor = 100 (tests showed this value works best for me)
then stored in mysql through a python script run via rlm_python (I run a
very complex analysis on the H323AvGwRxdCdn and H323FinalXlatedCdn
attributes). All is well when there's no load but at certain times it
happens that one of the tables must be locked for 2 or 3 seconds (snapshot
and purge on a memory table) and packets wait to be written because of the
lock. Freeradius starts to spit warnings about packets hung in queue for
more than x seconds then all hell breaks loose because the gateways
retransmit these packets and it's all downhill from there. What can I do to
make freeradius send an ok or something to the gateways as soon as the
packets land in the detail file because once in the detail file I know for
sure the packets will get into the database?

Thanks,