FreeRADIUS Accounting data sync

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Dec 14 13:51:41 CET 2011

KatsuroKurosaki wrote:
> And this is what I'm trying to configure, server A send the packet to server
> B, and vice-versa. Server A won't handle all requests, for example, if we
> have 50 NASes, 25 will handle requests to server A and B as fail-over, and
> the other 25 will handle requests to server B and use A as fail-over. That's
> why I need all data replicated to both servers.

  That's pretty normal.

> When I enable copy-acct-to-home-server, and I send requests, they are
> processed correctly, saving it to the detail file, but on server B, I don't
> receive the request, to have both servers synced.

  So.. (A) receives the packet, writes it to the detail file, and then
what happens?

> Also it shows, with
> no-end, those lines on the screen:
> /
> Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail state replied signalled 0
> waiting 0.000450 sec
> Detail - unlinking /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail.work

  So it read a packet from the detail file, processed it, and finished
work.  That's normal.

  WHAT did it do with those packets?

> Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail state unopened signalled
> 0 waiting 1.077625 sec
> Waking up in 1.0 seconds.
> Polling for detail file /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail
> Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail state unopened signalled
> 0 waiting 0.854780 sec

  So... there are no packets in the detail file.  There is nothing more
to do.  It's waiting for more packets to arrive.