FreeRADIUS Accounting data sync

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Dec 14 15:19:41 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 6:08 PM, KatsuroKurosaki <joaquimsb89 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What I meant was, AFTER you enable copy-acct-to-home-server and stuff,
>> have you ACTUALLY send an accounting packet to server A? If yes, it
>> SHOULD display some things (like writing to a detail file), and then
>> there should be a log about READING the detail file, and then there's
>> something about it proxying the accounting to server B. Does all of
>> that happen? If not, which ones happen?
>>

> When I enable copy-acct-to-home-server, and I send requests, they are
> processed correctly, saving it to the detail file, but on server B, I don't
> receive the request, to have both servers synced. Also it shows, with
> no-end, those lines on the screen:

> Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail state unopened signalled
> 0 waiting 1.077625 sec
> Waking up in 1.0 seconds.
> Polling for detail file /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail
> Detail listener /var/log/freeradius/radacct/detail state unopened signalled
> 0 waiting 0.854780 sec
> Waking up in 0.8 seconds.

> Is this behaviour normal?

It's easier if you just post the debug log of the server receiving
accounting packet. Seriously.

The "looping" log is fine when there's no accounting packet. If an
accounting packet comes, it SHOULD show it's writing to the detail
file, and after that, there should be a log saying the file is read
and processed. If not, your setup is wrong.

Again, posting the debug log of the server receiving accounting packet
will make troubleshooting much easier. Without that, I can only say
"your setup is wrong".

--
Fajar