Linksys WIFI Authentication using freeradius?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Dec 15 03:17:43 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Michel Bulgado <michel at casa.co.cu> wrote:
> In conclusion what we discussed, my Linksys router when accounting packets
> sent after authenticating my user, but not shown or at least are suppressed
> by TTLS. is not so?
>
> So should I change the mechanism to use!

Like Alan said, some NAS simply won't work for what you're trying to
achieve, because it doesn't send accounting packets. Fix the NAS.

There is another alternative. Instead of using 802.1x, you could use a
captive portal. chllispot (and derivaties) is widely used and can send
accounting packets just fine. It's more complex to setup (e.g.
requires you setup a web server, and have a server or wireless AP
which can function as captive portal), but it should work with any
wireless access point that either:
- captive-portal-capable (e.g. anything that can be flashed with
dd-wrt standard or higher), OR
- can bridge wireless to wired network, effectively making wireless
clients to be in the same ethernet broadcast domain as wired clients.
You'd still need a captive portal, but in this setup the captive
portal can be another AP or a server.

--
Fajar