Referencing LDAP attributes in post-auth

Adam Track adamtrack at rocketmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:10:27 CET 2011

> >    Thanks, I'll give it a try and post the debug.  Am I wrong to be surprised

> >    that there is no answer for the first question, though?  There has to be a
> >    great many users out there using EAP and assigning dynamic VLAN based on
> >    LDAP attributes.... or, not?
>
> I know of many - it depends on how you are doing it - are you doing post-auth
> in the inner-tunnel, or in the outer virtual-server after EAP has been done?
> just assign a standard RADIUS attribute and it will be there for you to use in eg PERL
> (so long as you copy-to-tunnel in your EAP config)

copy_request_to_tunnel = yes

As mentioned earlier, I am assigning a standard RADIUS attribute, but the value I'm passing to it is not there when I call it, which is in the post_auth of the outer virtual server.. I figured it made sense to put it there, since I call the LDAP module in the authroize section of the outer virtual server.  Should this be done in the inner-tunnel?  I guess I'll give that a try too...

Thanks,

A.