ppp and eap-tls

Frank frank at debian-nas.org
Wed Dec 28 15:47:51 CET 2011

Hi,

Ok. The client is the build-in L2TP/IPSEC VPN client in MS Windows Vista

> > Now there's several issues:
> > - I don't know what I changed which caused this behaviour (maybe an
> openssl update in Squeeze? Something changes in Windows Vista?)
>
>   No.

It used to work fine with this client (MS Windows Vista L2TP/IPsec client)

> > - the client certificates are valid (tested with openssl cli), and
> work fine when using for WPA auth
> > - I don't really know what this error means
> > - I can't find a solution for it. I've tried: 2048 bit (vs. 4096 bit)
> RSA certs and the extensions for XP for both the server and client
> certs
> >
> > Again, the same certificates work fine for WPA auth
>
>   Which doesn't use certificates.

This statement is confusing! I'm using freeradius for EAP-TLS auth and set up the client for WPA2 enterprise with EAP-TLS. If this is not using certificates for authentication, then what is it using?

> > I hope someone can shed some light onto this issue, or how to pin
> down the exact cause of the 'rsa
> routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_1:block type is not 01' error.
>
>   Find out which client it is.  Mac?  Windows?

MS Windows Vista, build-in L2TP/IPSEC client, ppp authentication set to EAP-TLS.

>   Alan DeKok.

Regards,
Frank