Different Installation paths between source and yum giving error of missing directory

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Feb 1 23:09:19 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 09:15:52PM +0000, Samuel wrote:
> Please pardon me if this has been addressed before; my search on the
> site has  not helped me solve my problem.
> I installed freeradius 2.1.10 from source and the raddb folder was
> put in /usr/local/etc whereas yum put it in /etc.
>
> I deleted the files in /usr/local/etc/  and used yum to install but
> i get an error that /usr/local/etc/raddb cannot be found when I run
> radiusd -X. Where is radiusd picking that path from ?

You are still running the radiusd you installed from source (which has that
part hard-coded into it)

rm /usr/local/sbin/radiusd

-- and also any other bits put into /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin by
-- your source install

You may need to logout/login again for your shell to realise that it should
look for a radiusd in another directory.