Unable to authenticate in case of multilingual characters

karnik jain karnik.jain at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 17:32:26 CET 2011

Hi Alan,

I have written multilingual character *∞ *directly in RADIUS server's *users
file.*
without encoding it into UTF-8.
*
*
Do I need to write Username in *user file of RADIUS server *after converting
it
into UTF-8 to make the *whole thing work*?

If Yes then How can I write UTF-8 characters into *users file of RADIUS
server.*

Do I need to write directly the *HEX of encoded characters* or some other
way
into the *users file of RADIUS server as shown in attached users file of
RADIUS server*?
*
*
I have double check that the UTF-8 Encoder of mine is working fine.
Multilingual character = ∞  (infinity symbol)  is having equivalent form in
HEX = *0xe2889e*
and UTF-8 encoding of *0xe2889e* is = *0xf8 0xb8 0xa2 0x9e.*

*Can any one please look into to above issue *
*and guide me How can I configure the files of free RADIUS server *
*to use USER-NAME field other than **US-ASCII like *
*Chinese etc.?*
*
*
*Regards,*