Unable to authenticate in case of multilingual characters

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Feb 4 21:09:25 CET 2011

On 02/04/2011 02:01 PM, karnik jain wrote:
> Hello Sir,
>
> But the issue is you have written the Chinese charter directly
> in place of user name rather than writing its equivalent UTF-8 into
> users file as said by you.

No, it was utf-8, but was rendered as a Chinese glyph.

> users:
> "現年快樂" Auth-Type := Accept
>
> My doubt is How can I write UTF-8 encoded (may be HEX form) in users file.

By using an editor that supports utf-8

You keep asking internationalization questions on this list and people
by their graciousness answer you. But as far as I can tell you haven't
made any effort to understand how internationalization works. Until you
understand it you're going to keep beating your head against a wall,
plus it's not our responsibility to teach you this material, it's your
job to learn it.

 > and UTF-8 encoding of *0xe2889e* is = *0xf8 0xb8 0xa2 0x9e.*

Wrong. The utf-8 encoding of infinity is the 3
octet sequence: 0xE2 0x88 0x9E

Hint, you can't just type the above into a file!!!!

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/