802.1x on Active Directory: no errors in debug but auth fails

Domenico Viggiani dviggiani at tiscali.it
Mon Feb 7 15:50:42 CET 2011

> > I'm forced to abandone this project and resort to M$'NAP server :(
>
>   If it works with NAP, you can get it to work with FreeRADIUS.
>
>   There are 10's of 1000's of sites using Windows clients with
> FreeRADIUS.  There is *every* reason to believe that it works.
Of course. Sorry for my previous complaints.

>   http://deployingradius.com has *complete* and *detailed* instructions
> for getting EAP to work with Windows.
I'm looting that site without moderation!
Questions:
1) I installed certs/ca.der under "Trusted Root Certification Authorities"
of *computer* account on the client PC
2) I noticed that self-generated certs would contain XP extensions,
specified here
http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/oid.html
3) I didn't installed Microsoft fix:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885453/en-us