PEAP MSCHAPv2 error..

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Feb 8 22:10:29 CET 2011

Hi,

> Entered bob as username, testing123 as password
>
> I get No such realm 'NULL'
>
> So added
>
> ---------------------
> realm test {
> authhost = LOCAL
> accthost = LOCAL
> }

realm LOCAL {
}

realm NULL {
}

> Now I get rejected - the following from the debug output looks relevant

what is your 'users' entry file like for bob?

> [mschapv2] +- entering group MS-CHAP {...}
> [mschap] Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for bob at test with NT-Password
> [mschap] FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect

have you edited the modules/mschap file?

mschap {

        use_mppe = yes
        require_encryption = yes
        require_strong = yes
        with_ntdomain_hack = yes
	#ntlm_auth = "/path/to/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --username=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name:-None}} --chal
lenge=%{mschap:Challenge:-00} --nt-response=%{mschap:NT-Response:-00}"

}

do you fire off

        preprocess
        suffix
        ntdomain

in that order, in the authorize section of inner-tunnel?

> I'm doing something silly, no doubt - but what?  Should this config just work out of the box?

it should do....I'm sure I've recently (sept last year) got a fresh 2.1.x server and slapped
SoH patches on and it just worked with Win7 client

alan