help with proper responses?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Feb 13 11:59:33 CET 2011

On 02/13/2011 09:21 AM, Christ Schlacta wrote:
> so uh..  I locked myself out of my radius enabled switch (for some
> stupid reason the switch thinks it's a good idea to use radius for the
> admin user as well...) and now I can sign in to my switch, but can't
> change anything, because I don't know what radius responses to send. if
> anyone knows the right answer, it'd be a big help. I know this probably
> isn't the best place to ask, but it is currently the only.

It's not the right place to ask; but you haven't even given enough info
for people who might *want* to help you! ;o)

What did you change to lock yourself out? What is the make & model of
switch you are using? Which version of FreeRadius are you using? What
have you tried i.e. which attributes have you sent that didn't help.

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume it's a Cisco, and that you
need this in the "users" file or equivalent:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Cisco#Per_User_Privilege_Level