AW: AW: AW: AW: Authenticating SSH login on a Cisco IOS switch to AD

Schaatsbergen, Chris Chris.Schaatsbergen at aleo-solar.de
Mon Feb 14 14:01:41 CET 2011

Thanks! Actually in this case I was too early writing the mail (because I was rather annoyed), something I should not allow myself to happen. The radiusd.conf file is documented on the Wiki site (though the link there that should point to the latest version is not working as it points to the currently unexisting http://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server/blob/stable/raddb/radiusd.conf).

I found the missing piece:

$INCLUDE ${confdir}/modules/

Which should be in (the top of) the modules section.

With that addition freeradius starts without error messages so I can continue Alan DeKoks (excellent) description how to enable AD authentication.