Windows 7 EAP-TLS WIred Auth

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Feb 14 18:56:55 CET 2011

Hi,

> I did eventually find a "sorta" fix.  I had jumbo frames enabled,
> disabling them fixed the problem temporarily.  the problem has returned
> in a different form now.  the radius server doesn't even see the auth
> requests now, and the client just won't even try to authenticate.  I
> think this qualifies as a different issue, that I need to pursue
> separately.  should I follow up here, or is it an issue I should contact
> my switch manufacturer about, or is it a windows problem?

if the server doesnt even see the auth attempts when the client is physically
connected to the switch then take a good long look at the switch.

use all the commands etc that you can on that switch - the show commands,
the debug commands etc to find out what its doing or failing to do. we've had
quite a few issues over the years with manufacturers and how they read the
specs - life wouldnt be the same without a few interesting firmware
upgrades (and cryptic changelogs that come with them). we had a recent one where
cisco voip firmware blocked EAP-TLS through the softswitch - kinda annoying.

alan