Support

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Feb 14 22:45:17 CET 2011

Hi,

> > A slightly different question, does the support from http://networkradius.com come from the active users of this mailing list? I.e. if I buy a support contract there, do "the Alans" get a part of that? I am missing a donate button on the freeradius website and I hope/expect we do not need that much support once this server is up and running.
>
>   Network RADIUS is a for-profit company which does FreeRADIUS support,
> development, consulting, etc.  No one on this list is asked to work for
> free.
>
>   I run the company, and while I'm not getting rich, the proceeds from
> it have kept me off of the streets.

:-)

I use FreeRADIUS in anger (well, sometimes I'm happy too) in a major environment
and within a national level. as such I am very interested in seeing issues that people
have with it and seeign what other people do to achieve results. I have learnt quite
a lot from this list...and helping people out is just my altruistic streak that occasionally
comes through (heck, I really want them to use FreeRADIUS rather than waste money on
NPS or ACS etc ;-) ).  I already have a salaried position.... but I do have an amazon wishlist
that some kind people have looked at after I've got them out of a pickle or done their work
for them! ;-)  (many thanks to those people..I've enjoyed the books and games).

please think about networkradius.com if you want to have a solid support for the product -
it will ensure that you have a good FreeRADIUS deployment and you wont get Mr Random in management
bearing down on you with money being thrown at some limited commercial platform.... whilst
there are good people on this list, I'd state you should never rely on a public mailing list
for support of critical systems!! - we're here when we have the time to be :-)

alan