get a list of connected users

Jordi Casas jcasas at opentrends.net
Thu Feb 17 15:44:47 CET 2011

Hi all!

I am using freeradius 2.1.6 on a testing environment that it's openSUSE 11.2 based.

It's configured to provide LDAP Authentication and works well with a WiFi "Enterprise RADIUS" capable router.

Now I need to get a list of connected users, I see that there is a radutmp accounting database but I don't know if my kind of NAS supports this feature.

Is it necessary for the NAS to use the accounting protocol?
Is it a common feature of standard WiFi routers with "Enterprise RADIUS" capability?
Is the user accounting the only way to maintain a list of freeradius accepted users?

Thanks you very much for your time!

Jordi "Txor" Casas Ríos

openTrends Solucions i Sistemes S.L
phone: +34 93 320 84 14