SSH - No authenticate method (Auth-Type)

Marc Phillips rmarc at copacetic.net
Fri Feb 18 02:42:33 CET 2011

> Sending Access-Request of id 58 to X.X.X.X port Y
>         User-Name = "test"
>         User-Password = "test"
>         NAS-IP-Address = X.X.X.X
>         NAS-Port = Y
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP
> rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host X.X.X.X port Y, id=58, length=38
> The freeradius is setup with an oracle db backend.

I had something similar with PAM.  What I did is have a user entry like:

DEFAULT Ldap-Group == "mygroup", Auth-Type = pam
        Reply-Message = "Hello (admin), %{User-Name}",
        Fall-Through = No

and in my sites-enabled default:

authorize {
        preprocess
        auth_log
        files
        ldap
}

authenticate {
        pam
}

You'll obviously have some sort of sql auth-type and probably won't
need the LDAP stuff.

Hope this helps.

R. Marc