Eduroam with a Local Radius Config?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 18 10:09:16 CET 2011

Nathan McDavit-Van Fleet wrote:
> I won’t show the pool config for the “DEFAULT” realm. But suffice to say
> that’s working. Also, our legacy users who are authenticating with no
> realm are working as well. What isn’t working are local connections
> using our local real (user at concordia.ca) and
> distant AAA requests from Eduroam. The Eduroam cookbook provides some
> configs that appear to be helpful. But unfortunately they’re so broken
> I  can’t even put them in my configuration.

  You can define concordia.ca as a LOCAL realm.

realm concordia.ca {
}

  That means it won't get proxied.

  The rest of the realms look OK.  You shouldn't need much in the way of
complex "if" statements.  Once you define the realms correctly, it
should work:

 * concordia.ca -> local
 * no realm -> local
 * default -> eduroam proxying