2.1.10 Certificate Compatibility Warning

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Wed Jan 5 22:35:06 CET 2011

Ben Wiechman <wiechman.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been testing EAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2 authentication with a network
> device. FreeRADIUS keeps complaining about EAP sessions not finishing
> with the link to the certificate compatibility wiki link, however the
> authentication process completes successfully. Looking at the packet
> exchanges more carefully it appears that the supplicant is not
> incrementing the Packet Identifier. Every EAP packet sent by the
> device uses an packet identifier of 0.

I have seen the same, using wpasupplicant-0.6.10-2.1 from Debian
Unstable with a Linksys WAP54G (latest german firmware) and FreeRADIUS
2.1.10.

Authentication succeeds but FR complains about never finishing sessions
nevertheless.

Unfortunately I cannot test right now if the packet identifier is always
same in my case as well.

Grüße,
Sven
--