rlm_python and dynload problem

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Thu Jan 6 14:44:44 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 11:26:44AM +0100, Aurélien Geron wrote:
> Hi and happy new year to everyone,
>
> In april I wrote the message below about python modules not being able to
> load dynamic libraries on Debian Lenny.

> I did not have time to test this ever since, but I just did, and
> unfortunately, I still have the same problem on Debian Lenny, using the
> latest FreeRADIUS backport for Lenny (it is based on FreeRADIUS 2.1.10,
> the Debian package is labelled "2.1.10+dfsg-2~bpo50+1").
>
> > - running a perfectly standard Debian Lenny (2.6.26-2-amd64)
> > - installed the latest freeradius package from the lenny-backports
> > (2.1.8+dfsg-1~bpo50+1)

Can you verify that your exact freeradius packages used now - do indeed link
to libltdl7 and use the new code?

Generic amd64 packages should be fine, but do check just in case...

Perhaps also use ltrace to find the symbol lookup function used?
You need to see some lt_dladvise_*() and/or lt_dlopenadvise() mentioned.

(Assuming the cause for this is http://bugs.debian.org/416266 )

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.