preprocess module

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 08:24:14 CET 2011

On 01/10/2011 09:45 PM, McCann, Brian wrote:
> Hi all.  Trying to understand and learn freeradius.  For my use, I do not need the "huntgroups" or "hints" files, so I tried taking them out.  I renamed the files from "huntgroups" to "huntgroups.off", and the same for hints.  I then edited "module/preprocess" to take out references to these two files.  However, when I start up radiusd, it appears that it's STILL looking for the files.  I've gone so far as doing a "grep -ir huntgroup *", and every line it comes back with is commented out.  Here's the debug and my modules/preprocess file:
>
> --debug start--
>
> server { # from file /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
>   modules {
>   Module: Checking authenticate {...} for more modules to load
>   Module: Checking authorize {...} for more modules to load
>   Module: Linked to module rlm_preprocess
>   Module: Instantiating module "preprocess" from file /usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/preprocess
>    preprocess {
>          huntgroups = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/huntgroups"
>          hints = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/hints"

These defaults are compiled into the module:

static const CONF_PARSER module_config[] = {
         { "huntgroups",                 PW_TYPE_FILENAME,
           offsetof(rlm_preprocess_t,huntgroup_file), NULL,
           "${raddbdir}/huntgroups" },

By commenting out the entry, the defaults are used. If you want the
module to not process the files, either:

  1. set the filenames to "" i.e. empty string
  2. empty the files (better)