Freeradius on lenny doesn't permit mschap auth

Fabien COMBERNOUS fcombernous at kezia.com
Mon Jan 17 09:29:47 CET 2011

On 14/01/2011 23:47, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Fabien COMBERNOUS wrote:

[...]
>> David is not bridling but just remember his constraints.
>    They are *his* constraints.  If he can't even install a version of
> 2.1.10 in order to run "radtest" which can do MS-CHAP, then those
> constraints are ridiculous.
Even if he have to consider them, perhaps he thinks like you. :)

In a complex environment to change a piece of software can have
unexpected consequences. And so to change it, it demands long testing
procedures for several teams. I already worked in this kind of
environment. And you have to give good reasons enough to make a
modification of the setup.

If it is impossible to do what it is necessary, a help for him is
probably to provide the good reasons of the modification of his
setup.Only blaming the person is not useful in my opinion. How ever, i
understand that you don't want to loose your time.

Regards,
--
*Fabien COMBERNOUS*
/unix system engineer/