modules directory

Christ Schlacta lists at aarcane.org
Mon Jan 17 21:37:45 CET 2011

I've found something odd in regard to the modules directory.  I ended up
needing to use checkval module for ldap authentication to work properly
for me.  the documentation I found said to place the following in config
files:

checkval {
         item-name = Calling-Station-Id
         check-name = Calling-Station-Id
         data-type = string
         notfound-reject = no
}

at the location I wanted the check to occur, but instead I ended up
needing to use just:

checkval

because the above code was located in modules/checkval .

The question is at this point, how could I, for example, have two
different checkval checks?  suppose I want to check an additional
attribute?  I recon I need a new file, but I'm not sure if it matters
what I call the new file, or, for that matter, I'm not sure what to put
inside the new file, except that I'm sure it must look very similar to
that above.

if someone could explain the specifics of this, or tell me where to find
them explained, I would much appreciate the help.

one more question:  can there be multiples of ANY module specified?  for
example, can I use two different ldap or sql modules if I were to need
to (just as a bad example, I propose: 1 radius server, 2 wlans with
different user bases that can't be merged into one directory for
whatever reasons).