cleaning house on radius server?

Tim Sylvester tim.sylvester at networkradius.com
Tue Jan 18 01:16:17 CET 2011

> I've got a radius server up and running, and I want to clean up my
> configuration as much as possible.  is it a safe assumption that if I
> remove a file (actually move it out of the way) and attempt to
> authenticate a client that if the client can successfully authenticate
> that everything is working?  is it also safe to assume that any file
> with no uncommented lines is also safe to remove?  I'm most interrested
> in removing the SQL directories and all the unused modules in the
> modules directory.

"Cleaning house" on FreeRADIUS is NOT recommended and NOT required.
FreeRADIUS is a complex piece of software and takes some time to completely
understand. Until you completely understand FreeRADIUS, you should not
randomly delete files and change the configuration.

Do you clean house with other software and OSes that you run? Do you delete
the files you don't need on MySQL, Linux or a Windows PC? Probably not.

The human body has many vestigial organs. Have you contacted a surgeon to
remove your appendix, tonsils, adenoids, gall bladder and that spare kidney?

Tim