Freeradiusd 2.1.8

Brian Carpio bcarpio at broadhop.com
Tue Jan 18 21:38:46 CET 2011

I have a production environment which is running freeradiusd 2.1.8 and last night in the logs I see the following message

Sat Jan  1 20:11:24 2011 : Error: Mon Jan 10 17:04:58 2011 : Info: Exiting normally.

No one was on the box doing anything... I was looking into this issue with google and came across a thread back in Nov 2009 about an issue a user was experiencing with radiusd 2.1.8, and this user send some gdb dumps to the development team... I can't seem to recreate the issue as quickly as he does (plus my server is in production) but I didn't see any follow up if this is a known bug? Is this fixed in 2.1.10?

Thanks,
Brian