New to the lists

Tim McNabb tim at velociter.net
Sat Jan 22 02:33:41 CET 2011

Hi all. Looking forward to picking your brains regarding FreeRADIUS as I'm kinda new to it. I took over administrative duties for the person who previously took care of our network and I'm trying to work with some of the FreeRADIUS settings and update to a newer version in the process. Current version is 1.0.4 (I know, it ancient), however also in the middle of a CentOS build while hoping to deploy that latest version of FreeRADIUS.

I have a curious question though. Since the current version is substantially older than what we're moving to, how will this affect the sql database? Will I be able to install the newest version of FreeRADIUS and just perform a mysql dump from the old server to the new one?

Thanks in advance,

-Tim