EAP-TTLS client ignoring user attributes when moving from 1.0 to 2.1

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Sat Jan 22 16:50:36 CET 2011

I am trying to move my RADIUS environment from RHEL4 to RHEL6. All it
does is support WPA2-Enterprise authentication with access points.

RHEL4:
freeradius-1.0.1-3.RHEL4.5

RHEL6:
freeradius-2.1.9-3.el6.x86_64

My Netgear APs are setup pointing to my RHEL4 systems right now and it
works fine with this user config:

testuser        User-Password := "temp1234"
                         Tunnel-Type = 13,
                         Tunnel-Medium-Type = 6,
                         Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = 100

When I duplicate this user config on RHEL6 the AP behaves like it does
not receive any attributes and the user is dropped on the default VLAN.

Is there a specific process for migrating from 1.x to 2.x? I really did
not have a very elaborate configuration, so I was trying to just rebuild
it from scratch.

Thanks-
David