Include directive for separate ippool configs not working

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 4 11:16:57 CEST 2011

Tom De Vylder wrote:
> Configs are loaded, but the configuration inside them just doesn't show up.
>>From the log file:

  i.e. "debug output".

  Inventing your own terminology for things is a guaranteed way to
confuse yourself.

> including files in directory /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/ippool-config1.conf
> including configuration file /etc/freeradius/ippool.d/ippool-config2.conf
>
> However none of the configuration settings show up.

  What, exactly do you mean by that?  That statement is semantically
equivalent to "it doesn't work".

  I'll note that you didn't post the *rest* of the debug output.  You've
instead given the *minimum* amount of text from it.  You're making it as
hard as possible for us to help you.

> When I grep for session-db on the logs with radius running in debug mode only the one from main_pool shows up.

  Let me guess... you made the module configuration, but you didn't tell
the server to *use* the module.

  There's a reason that "sql", "files", etc. are listed in the
raddb/sites-enabled/default file.  Those entries tell the server to
*use* the module which defined in the "modules" directory.

  If the debug output doesn't say "instantiating module secondary_pool",
then it's because you didn't tell the server to use the module.  Fix that.

  This is documented.