Patch for radiusclient: new program radlistdictionary and fixes to PPTP/CHAP problem

freeradius developer/user identity freeradius at cecst.com
Mon Jul 4 18:23:19 CEST 2011

I have posted at
  http://www.cardiothink.com/downloads/
a set of patches which, when applied to the latest stable
freeradius-client (version 1.1.6) and to the CVS version,
fixes the problem with PPTP and radiusclient that results
in failure of CHAP authentication with the syslog errors:
   rc_avpair_new: unknown attribute 11
   rc_avpair_new: unknown attribute 25
(The problem, for me, turned out to be blanks at the start of
every line in dictionary.microsoft. The patches, among other things,
skip the blanks.)

Included in the patches is a new program in the src subdirectory that I
have named radlistdictionary (you can change it if you like). It is a
simple program that uses the installed freeradius-client library to read
dictionaries, and it displays the loading and parsing steps explicitly
so that you can see where errors are occurring. (This program requires that
the library itself be patched to show the parsing.)

Fixing problems with the dictionaries is easy once you can see what is
going on! Please see the above web site for more details, and let me know
of any problems.